Additional Resources for Bigs
Being a Big sometimes requires planning. Here some great ideas to spark your creativity.
Child-Friendly Websites and Online Activities
[Remember to visit the Web site before you show it to your Little. Some provide ideas or information, but may not be fun for a child.]
• http://www.search-institute.org/ - information, knowledge and resources to promote healthy children, youth and communities.
• http://www.mentoring.org/ - general mentoring resources.
• http://www.youthwork.com/links.html#genl - links to youth-related resources including substance abuse, general health, behavior and more.
• https://www.dosomething.org/us - opportunities for youth to get involved with local and national issues.
Online Learning Activities
• Adventures in writing
• American Library Association
• Ben’s Guide to U.S. Government for Kids
• College scholarships with FastWeb
• College scholarships
• Education helper
• Encyclopedia/ Information
• Inner Learning online
• Learning Power
• Math Stories
• National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
• Reach Out
• Kaplan Test Prep
• Urban Resources Network
• Financial Literacy for Kids
• Fire safety for Kids