Big Brothers Big Sisters is partnering with Boys and Girls Club to provide quality site-based mentoring for kids who attend the Club's after school program.
Site-Based Mentoring at the Boys & Girls Club
Big Brothers Big Sisters site-based mentoring program is one way that mentors can help shape the future of students in Albuquerque. The site-based program allows adult volunteer mentors to build supportive relationships with students in a space where young people spend much of their free time. The best part is the volunteer can choose what day and what time they can meet with their mentee and only need to spend about an hour a week with them.
Our program is led by a Big Brothers Big Sisters staff member and takes place at the Seligman Branch of the Boys and Girls Club in Albuquerque on Tuesdays-Thursdays between 2:30 - 5:00 PM. The Boys and Girls Club offers fun activities that they can do together, such as shoot hoops, utilize the computer lab, or simply hang out and play a board game.
Site-based volunteers meet the following requirements
- At least 18 years old
- Agree to mentor a youth between the ages of 6-14 for at least a year
- Complete in-person training prior to being matched with a youth
- Available to meet in-person with their mentee Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday between 2:30 - 5:00 PM
- Willing to meet with their mentee 3-4 times per month for at least an hour
- Able to pass a criminal background check
Note: The Seligman Branch of the Boys and Girls Club is located at 3333 Truman NE, Albuquerque, NM (one block west of San Mateo between Candelaria and Comanche)